Thursday, January 29, 2009

~Obsessed~

Ever been obsessed with a book? I mean OBSESSED!  You read them multiple times, buy shirts, posters, the movie, you constantly talk about it, or randomly start thinking about it... Well, I am currently obsessed with a book series by Stephenie Meyer. There are four books in the series, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. They are very odd books. They are all about the love between a human girl (Bella), and a vampire (Edward). Oh, and Bella's best friend is a werewolf (Jacob). Sound interesting? Oh, it is!

I first heard of the series from flair, a Facebook application. I would say that the series was stupid and people were crazy for reading them. Then I read them. I was instantly hooked! I read all four books within a week! (by the way, they all had from 500-800 pages in each one) In fact, I am reading them all for the second time! I am mostly reading them again because I missed a lot of the book due to skimming. But, I also don't want to leave the characters. I feel like I know them! I even did the whole sides thing. You know, "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob" (I pick Edward) :) Today, my mom and I went to Hot Topic to get me a shirt, and came home with two. One has my favorite character's face on it (Jasper), and the other has Edward himself on it. 

It is sad really. How we can get pulled into the things of this world. Pastor Jared taught our wednesday night class last week, and it got me thinking. Here I am, obsessed with these books, and what I should really be obsessed with is Christ. I know, I should already know that! For goodness sakes I call myself a christian! I do know that, but I tend to forget. Actually, I forget a lot. Thank you God for your grace!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates