Wednesday, February 4, 2009

~New Things~

~Well, we moved in. The second day we worked on the basement Mom said, "Lets go ahead and move some clothes up here, and we might be able to sleep here tonight!" So we did. It's amazing how fast you can get something done when you really want to! I personally love my new room. A lot of it has to do with it being HUGE! Well compared to the other rooms I have had anyway. The only thing I really want done... is new carpet. It is yellow, just like the house and all of the countertops. Apparently my grandparents like that color. My room is pretty. I have a cute comforter which is brown and blue. And my walls are sort of a dark tope. My grandpa decided to get a new couch, so I got his! When he told me about it, I had remembered the color wrong. Apparently instead of it being a light brown, it is more of a reddish orange color... good thing they have couch covers! But, I am very thankful for it. It is really only about 6 months old. AND it is super comfy!
It is still weird calling this place home. I know it hasn't been long, but I wish I would adjust quicker. I was really excited about moving up here until it was actually time to move. It all happened so quickly. Well, not really... we have been cleaning this place out since November. But, it was a snap decision to move. Mom. :) I don't mind it here. Grammy and Granddad keep to themselves. However, it is stinking cold here! Apparently, the person who is always the coldest ended up in the coldest room of the house! How is that logical???? 
I am glad the whole moving process is almost over though. My room is almost cleared out. The girls still have a bunch of toys that need brought up, same with AJ, and Mom and Dad have most of their stuff, so its close. 

~I am excited about youth group. I was helping my mom in the toddler class, and Joe kept asking if I was going to go to youth group. I didn't want to at first. Mostly because I wasn't really very close to anyone there. At the Mid-winter retreat at MLCC, I hung out a lot with Paige. She is awesome. And I am already pretty close with her. Two weeks ago was our youth pastor's last week, so I decided to go. And I had fun! I never really gave it a chance. Plus, I went during the summer, and it was only Nick, Matt, and I almost every week. So, having more people there helped. Anyway, tonight I stepped out of my comfort zone, and actually talked to people in the youth group. More than just saying, "hey!". And I am Glad I did. I found out that Nick is funny, Parker talks about more than his Muscles, Matt is sweet, and I also met Nathan who I didn't get to talk to much. Plus, Brittney, Paige and I decided to have a mini slumber party thing at my house since I have a new big room! I am also excited about the way the youth group is going. In the past we haven't done very many fun things. We all threw our ideas out tonight. I suggested roller skating. Joe told us that we are going to have a church dinner March 1st to save money for CIY this year. I am super excited to that! Bowling was also suggested. I can't wait to see what God does with our youth group.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. I am proud of the way you are reaching out to others. God is going to use you in great ways.

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates